Dental treatment is an excellent investment in your physical and emotional well-being. We are dedicated to helping you keep your smile healthy and beautiful for a lifetime. You can count on us to help in every way we possibly can to make our exceptional dentistry affordable.
We will explain all dental procedures and associated fees clearly and professionally before we begin treatment. It is our policy to make definite financial arrangements with patients before any treatment begins. We’re pleased to offer different payment options including low or no interest payments, and we’ll be happy to assist you in choosing and qualifying for a payment option that best fits your needs. We can discuss the following options with you at your first visit.
- Pay as you schedule. Co-payment in full with cash or check, when your appointment is scheduled.
- Payment in full for entire treatment plan – We offer a discount of 5% for payment in full by cash or check at the time your entire treatment plan is scheduled. (If you are taking advantage of our 5% cash payment in full for your entire treatment plan, you will need to collect benefits from your insurance company.)
- For our senior patients (65yrs & older), we offer a courtesy of a 10% discount for payment in full by cash or check.
- No interest or extended payment (up to 48 months) plans through Care Credit ©.
A dental benefit plan is designed to share in your dental care costs. It may not cover the total cost of your care. Most plans cover between 50% and 80% of dental services. A dental plan is a contract between your employer and a third party (insurance company). There are many different kinds of dental plans and reimbursement levels. We are proud of our ability to unravel the mysteries and benefits of your particular plan.
We will accept your insurance if you have the freedom to choose your dentist. Most plans provide you this freedom. We are preferred providers for United Healthcare, Aetna, MetLife, Cigna, Safegaurd, Guardian/Connection Dental, Delta Dental, Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Texas, Companion Life and Ameritas.
If your dental plan is not part of one of these networks, you can still utilize our services. Most dental plans will allow you to seek dental care outside of their network and most do not reduce your benefit level for doing so. Our staff can advise you about your dental benefit plan and your ability to seek out of network dental care.
If you have insurance benefits and assign benefits to us, we will manage your account as follows:
- No administrative fee will be assessed for filing insurance claims; we will provide this service as a courtesy.
- You must provide our dental staff with accurate insurance billing information at the time of your appointment, or you will be responsible for payment in full. (When possible we prefer to receive insurance information in advance of your appointment so that we can avoid delays in estimating your benefits at the time of service.)
- While we will do our very best, our administrative staff will research insurance benefits and estimate coverage based on our insurance expertise. We do not guarantee our benefit estimates to be correct and are not responsible for benefits that are not paid exactly as estimated.
- If we cannot reasonably estimate secondary insurance coverage, the office will accept assignment for only the primary insurance coverage. You must file secondary insurance coverage in this instance.
- We also ask that you respond promptly to all information requests from the insurance company and/or Fossum Family Dental Care to ensure your insurance claims are processed accurately.